We at the phpMyAdmin project are pleased to publish phpMyAdmin 5.1.0.
There are many new features and bug fixes; a few highlights include:
- Improve virtuality dropdown for MariaDB > 10.1
- Added an option to perform ALTER ONLINE (ALGORITHM=INPLACE) when editing a table structure
- Added ip2long transformation
- Improvements to linking to MySQL and MariaDB documentation
- Add "Preview SQL" option on Index dialog box when creating a new table
- Add a new vendor constant "CACHE_DIR" that defaults to "libraries/cache/" and store routing cache into this folder
- Add $cfg['CaptchaSiteVerifyURL'] for Google ReCaptcha siteVerifyUrl
- Add the password_hash PHP function as an option when inserting data
- Improvements to editing and displaying columns of the JSON data type.
- Added support for "SameSite=Strict" on cookies using configuration "$cfg['CookieSameSite']"
- Fixed AWS RDS IAM authentication doesn't work because pma_password is truncated
- Add config parameters to support third-party ReCaptcha v2 compatible APIs like hCaptcha
- Add $cfg['MysqlSslWarningSafeHosts'] to set the red text black when ssl is not used on a private network
- Export blobs as hex on JSON export
- Fix leading space not shown in a CHAR column when browsing a table
- Added a rename Button to use RENAME INDEX syntax of MySQL 5.7 (and MariaDB >= 10.5.2)
- Fixed missing option to enter TABLE specific permissions when the database name contains an "_" (underscore)
- Fixed a PHP notice "Trying to access array offset on value of type null" on Designer PDF export
- Fix for several PHP 8 warnings or errors, giving this release full compatibility with PHP 8
There are, of course, many more fixes you can see in the ChangeLog file included with this release or online at https://demo.phpmyadmin.net/master-config/index.php?route=/changelog
Downloads are available now at https://phpmyadmin.net/downloads/
Isaac and the phpMyAdmin team