Welcome to phpMyAdmin 4.9.2, a bugfix release that also contains a security fix.
This security fix is part of an ongoing effort to improve the security of the Designer feature and is designated PMASA-2019-5.
There is also an improvement for how we sanitize Git version information shown on the home page, thanks to Ali Hubail.
This release includes fixes for many bugs, including:
- Fixes for the "Failed to set session cookie" error which relates to the cookie name. In some cases, data stored in the cookie (such as the previously-used user account) may not be loaded from a previous phpMyAdmin cookie the first time you run version 4.9.2
- Fix for Advisor with MySQL 8.0.3 and newer
- Fix PHP deprecation errors
- Fix a situation where exporting users after a delete query could remove users
- Fix incorrect "You do not have privileges to manipulate with the users!" warning
- Fix copying a database's privileges and several other problems moving columns with MariaDB
- Fix for phpMyAdmin not selecting all the values when using shift-click to select during Export
There are many, many more bug fixes thanks to the efforts of our developers and other contributors.
The phpMyAdmin team