Welcome to phpMyAdmin 4.7.0, a regular maintenance release containing new features, bug fixes, and a security fix.
A complete list of new features and bugs that have been fixed is available in the ChangeLog file or
changelog.php included with this release.
Notable changes since 4.6.6:
- Fix an issue where
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] is ignored (PMASA-2017-8)
- Show all databases in dropdown selector, including the current one
- Better defaults when creating a multi-field foreign key
- Improved support for TokuDB
- Improved handling of LoginCookieValidity, this should improve certain cases where users were getting logged out prematurely
- Fix an error that could occur when copying a database (related to pmadb/Configuration Storage metadata)
- Fixed OpenDocument exports
- Fixed alignment of NULL values
- Removed error message about client and server version mismatch
- Compatibility fixes when running under HHVM 3.18
- Fix the version check when curl is incorrectly configured
- Change the default export setting for Excel files; now the default is to include column names in the first row. This is always configurable with $cfg['Export']['excel_columns']
- Log failed authentication attempts to syslog (useful for parsing by fail2ban, for example)
- Add filtering for the database list
- Add table filtering to the database 'Structure' tab
- Add support for exporting user settings as a config.inc.php snippet
- Add option to delete settings from browser storage
- Changes to the JSON import and export format to better follow the JSON specification, however this breaks
compatibility with older versions. See https://docs.phpmyadmin.net/en/latest/import_export.html#json
- Support for IPv6 proxies
- Allow more connection parameters for the controluser connection
- Rename 'Relations' to 'Relationships' in many places as it's a more correct term
- More documentation for export configuration options
- Remove support for Swekey authentication
- Remove support for old, unsupported versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Removed $cfg['ThemePath']
Starting with this version, phpMyAdmin uses Composer to manage PHP library dependencies while under development. Users downloading the official source distribution will not notice a difference, however users of the git repository should refer to https://docs.phpmyadmin.net/en/latest/setup.html#installing-from-git for details.
Also beginning with this version, we've made some changes to the files available for download. There are now three different packages available:
english are the same downloads we've offered for some time, the former featuring all languages for which we have a reasonable amount of translations and the latter being a smaller English-only download. We have added a
There are many more improvements; please refer to the ChangeLog for full details.
As always, downloads are available at https://www.phpmyadmin.net
Thanks to our sponsors for helping to make this work possible!