MySQL 4.1 note
phpMyAdmin 2.5.0 is not ready for MySQL 4.1.
About future versions
The versions after 2.5.x will have those requirements: PHP >= 4.1.0 and MySQL >= 3.23.32.
- distinct Query window
- field contents MIME transformations (inline resized images, links, external programs, etc)
- display column comments in exports
- automatic update of relations, display fields, comments, bookmarks, etc after table/column changes
- new display mode with 90 degree rotated headers
- display query time
- js row marker now works in vertical mode
- SQL history: db- or not-db-based
- optional vertical display of the columns in edit mode
- optional lightweight menu tabs
- InnoDB status monitor
- print button in db view
- new export page with dynamic options
- better security for docSQL importer
- in edit mode, display first the functions that match field type
- parameters for bookmarks queries
- support for changing auto-increment value
- default initial query in browse mode, based on a bookmark with the same name as the table
- execute bookmarks when browsing bookmarks table
- if available, display Create/Update/Check_time
- in browse mode, highlight the fields used in the WHERE condition for the query
- automatic layout of the PDF schema
- choose results page in browse mode
- automatic detection of compression for uploaded data
- CHECK TABLE/ANALYZE TABLE for multisubmit actions
- support for SHOW FULL PROCESSLIST
- can now insert multiple fields at cursor position in the query textarea
- can now choose all segments of a key (relations)
- could not insert some words like "$enum$"
- bad URL (extra /) for generated PDFs
- double password query with http auth
- check privileges only shows root user
- display SQL query used for an index modification
- pdf schema headers footers for long pages
- export results and LIMIT
- inserting values with quotes
- $cfg["PmaAbsoluteUri"] autodetection and CGI mode
- escaping of \n, \r and \t characters
- handling of disabled :php:ini_get()
- go back to fields definition form after an error
- support XOR in the parser
- check for field type when doing charset conversion
- support for HTML entities as db/table/column names
- avoid long delays when browsing big tables (MySQL 4)
- support for host-based privileges
- bad arrow aligning on PDF schema in "same widths" mode
- faster record count
- "undefined index" error in the data dictionary when using MySQL 3.22 or below
- the privileges administration script did not work well with host-based DB privileges
- having added a new user, the corresponding SQL query was not displayed
- better "superuser" checking mechanism
- "wrong parameter count" error when connecting with some strangely compiled PHP versions
- replaced the %e placeholder in the date format string of some translations because it did not have any effect on Windows machines.
- unaligned column headers
- MONTH() and YEAR() not displayed as functions
- error on "Skip Explain SQL"
- bad Edit link on tables without primary key but with BLOB
- now we export BLOBs hex quoted
- better check for superuser in MySQL 4
- syntax error SHOW TABLE STATUS LIKE...
- highlight fields crossing db borders
- FULLTEXT index type not shown in drop-down
- disable CSV export for multiple tables
Version compatible with PHP 4+ and MySQL 3+.
Sorry, but no files to download are available for this release. Most likely this is too old release and we didn't find it in our archives.
Since July 2015 all phpMyAdmin releases are cryptographically signed by the
releasing developer. You should verify that the signature matches the archive
you have downloaded. Verification instructions are placed in our
documentation in the Verifying phpMyAdmin releases chapter.