First release backed by the phpMyAdmin project and after adoption by Tobias Ratschiller.
- Security fixes
- New languages: Thai|Language, Swedish, Galician, Romanian, Slovak, Japanese, Korean
- Dynamic multiple language support, with automatic browser language detection
- Improved documentation
- Better file import/export possibilities
- PEAR, CSS 2 and XHTML 1.0 compliant (as far as possible)
- User and Database administration page
- gzip and HTTP compression support
- Removed necessity of magic_quotes_gpc (autodetection)
- bookmarks (SQL queries) feature
- Database usage statistics
- Table maintenance features (repair, check, optimize)
- Maintained PHP 3 compatibility
- Better BLOB support
- Table usage and row statistics
- Multiple table types
- Now backed by a full-time development team! :)
Version compatible with PHP 4+ and MySQL 3+.
Since July 2015 all phpMyAdmin releases are cryptographically signed by the
releasing developer. You should verify that the signature matches the archive
you have downloaded. Verification instructions are placed in our
documentation in the Verifying phpMyAdmin releases chapter.